It is an amazing architectural metal that gains a thin layer of rust over time. People use it on buildings, in landscaping, and wherever they want to make a statement. If you don’t know what it looks like, Sir Antony Gormley’s Angel of the North in Gateshead is made of corten steel. That’s a perfect example of how this material ages over time and looks great no matter what.
Corten steel can also be seen in some of the award-winning gardens at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show. Designers often use corten steel in their gardens because it has a rich and natural patina.
Speaking of Corten Steel , specialised Corten Steel is used for proper functioning . Cortensteeltube.com Is one leading Manufacturer, Supplier & Stockist Of Corten Steel ASTM A423 Grade 1 Tubes.
Corten water features
There’s no need to live in an architectural masterpiece to enjoy a corten steel water feature. They’re portable, easy to install, and self-sufficient. once plumbed in. They can be placed on any level surface and provide endless hours of enjoyment.
Corten steel is uniquely self-rusting, giving it a deep orange appearance. This lends itself weThey’re portable, easy to install, and self-sufficient.s a trim or feature in parks. It is exceptionally weather and rain resistant and needs very little maintenance once installed
All corten water features from Corten Steel are constructed of high-grade steel that has yet tThey’re portable, easy to install, and self-sufficient.to six months to weather to its full potential. Once fully weathered, it will retain its rich burnt orange colour for the rest of its life.
Things to know about corten steel water features
The weathering effect with these water features does involve some runoff that can stain adjacenT they’re portable, easy to install, and self-sufficient. until fully matured at 4-6 months. Once mature, there should be no more runoff.
Cortensteeltube.com is a leading supplier, stockist, manufacturer & exporter of Corten Steel . Get in touch with us for the best rates & availability Of Corten Steel ASTM A423 Grade 1 Tubes.
Reflecting pools made from Corten Steel
Due to its unique aesthetics and durability, corten steel reflecting pools have become increasingly popular in contemporary landscape design. Over time, corten steel develops a rust-like patina, giving it a distinctive and earthy appearance.
Corten steel reflecting pools are commonly used for the following purposes:
- You can create stunning water features with corten steel reflecting pools, such as cascading waterfalls or fountains. Steel’s rust-colored surface contrasts beautifully with the water’s blue color, creating a striking visual effect.
- A garden or outdoor space can be enhanced with reflecting pools made of Corten steel. Steel’s weathered appearance gives the surrounding landscape a natural and organic feel.
- Parks, plazas, and urban squares: Corten steel reflecting pools can add a calming and reflective element to public spaces, such as parks, plazas, and urban squares. As well as providing a place for people to relax and enjoy the surroundings, they can also serve as a gathering spot.
- Design: Corten steel reflecting pools can be incorporated into the design of buildings and other architectural structures to create a cohesive and integrated look. In addition to adding warmth and character to the space, the organic and natural appearance of the steel can soften the overall design.
Corten steel reflecting pools are versatile and unique outdoor features that can enhance the beauty and functionality of any outdoor area.
Advantages of Corten Steel reflecting pools
Several advantages make corten steel reflecting pools a popular choice for landscape design. Corten steel is an ideal material for reflecting pools for the following reasons:
- The exceptional durability and corrosion resistance of Corten steel make it ideal for outdoor applications. For outdoor applications like reflecting pools, it is designed to withstand harsh weather conditions.
- Corten steel requires little maintenance and requires little upkeep. The rust-like patina that develops on the surface of steel serves as a protective layer, eliminating the need for regular maintenance.
- Corten steel has a unique rustic appearance that can add character and warmth to any outdoor space. A rust-like patina adds a natural and organic feel to the landscape that is complemented by the warm earthy tones.
- Easily customizable: Corten steel can be cut, bent, and welded into a variety of shapes and sizes. By using this method, it is possible to design reflecting pools that are unique and personalized.
- ECO-Friendly: Corten steel is 100% recyclable and environmentally friendly. As a result, it is an eco-friendly option for landscape design.
Corten steel reflecting pools enhance the beauty and functionality of outdoor spaces by being durable, low-maintenance, and aesthetically pleasing.
Reflecting pools made of Corten Steel have disadvantages
Using Corten steel for a reflecting pool has many advantages, but it also has some disadvantages. Potential disadvantages include:
- Corten steel is more expensive than concrete or fiberglass when used for reflecting pools. Some projects with limited budgets may find it less accessible because of this.
- The rust-like patina that forms on the surface of Corten steel during initial weathering can cause staining on adjacent materials, such as concrete or stone. In addition to being unsightly, this staining can be difficult to remove.
- While Corten steel is low maintenance, it still requires periodic cleaning to prevent buildup of debris and dirt that can impair its aesthetics.
- Corten steel can become very hot to the touch when exposed to direct sunlight, which poses a safety risk to those using the reflecting pool.
- A corten steel reflecting pool is not as widely available as other materials for reflecting pools, so some areas may have difficulty sourcing it.
Corten steel is durable and aesthetically pleasing, but its initial cost, staining potential, maintenance requirements, safety concerns, and availability may pose disadvantages for some projects.